John R. Sweet, 8562 Jackson River Road, Mustoe, VA 24468-21500; USA
Last Update: 1 July 2006
We reply to every legitimate e-mail inquiry that we receive, often the same day and always within a couple of days. We receive a lot of spam and virus messages and occasionally a message just seems to vanish. All of these things can make it appear that we are ignoring inquiries. We are not! It is possible your message has not gotten to us or our reply has not gotten to you. Here are some tips to increase your odds of success.
- Always enter a Subject in your message. Messages with a blank Subject line are deleted by our spam filter.
- Be certain that your Subject summarizes your message in a few words. Subjects like “Hi” or “Question” may get tossed with the spam and viruses.
- Never send an attachment without contacting us first. We do not open unsolicited attachments. We need to know who it is from, what it is, and why it is being sent before we will open it.
If you are still with us we would like to hear from you!
Click this link to send e-mail.
We can be reached by phone at 540-468-2222 but never before 9:00 a.m.
Now here are some more tips for better e-mailing.
- Please write to us in plain text only. Some folks may like HTML messages but our system deletes all HTML content. Since we don’t see it, it serves only to greatly bulk up the message and slow down the system. Most e-mail address books have a check box that says, “Send to this address in plain text only” or something to that effect. Please use it!
- Please use normal English punctuation and capitalization. Typing in ALL CAPS is called SHOUTING and is a breach of “Netiquette.” Besides, it is harder to read, as is all-lower-case text or a message without spacing or punctuation.